Wetumpka Area Chamber of Commerce
During Downtown Outdoor Expo in the Spring
Contestants: $30 per team chili entry
Winners will receive a 1st place, 2nd place or 3rd place People's Choice Best Tasting Award
Additional awards: Tongue Burner Award and Most Unique Award
Deadline to register TBA
Contestants arrive for setup @ 5:30 pm
Attendees: $20 per person for dinner, taste-test all entries and cast your vote
Receive chili, cornbread, salad, and drink Tea or water)
Attendees arrive for dinner, taste testing & voting @ 6:00 pm
Contact: Jamie Young, WACC Associate Director 334-567-4811
Rules & Registration online at www.wetumpkachamber.com Coming soon!
Wetumpka Area Chamber of Commerce
1st Annual Chili Cookoff
Chili Team Registration
Chili Team Name:_____________________________________________________________
Team Captain: _______________________________________________________________
Daytime Phone: ________________________ Evening Phone: ________________________
___ Yes, I will need electricity to warm my chili
___ No, I will use a camp stove/propane grill/generator to prepare my chili
Space is limited! Please register your team early! Registration deadline Coming Soon!
Please send your completed registration form, release form and entry fee of $30 to:
Wetumpka Area Chamber of Commerce Chili Cookoff
116 E. Bridge Street, Wetumpka, AL 36092
Credit Card Ÿ Check Ÿ Cash Chili Cookoff Team Fee $30
Circle one: Master Card/Visa Number Account Number Expiration Date Security Code
Name on Card Signature Date
Questions can be directed to Jamie Young at email@example.com or by phone at 334-567-4811. Online registration and payment can be made at www.wetumpkachamber.com.
Chili Cookoff Release Form
Entrants and participants, by execution of this Entry Form release and discharge the State of Alabama, Elmore County, and the City of Wetumpka, the Wetumpka Area Chamber of Commerce Chili Cookoff and anyone else connected to the management or presentation of this contest from any and all known and unknown damages, injuries, losses and/or claims from any cause whatsoever that may be suffered by any entrant or participant to his person or property.
Signature of Team Captain Date
Official Chili Cookoff Rules
1. All teams must be pre-registered with their $30 team fee paid and forms returned to the Chamber before deadline. Visit www.wetumpkachamber.com to register yourself, your team or your business to compete.
2. Check in at the Chamber's Welcome table no later than ??. Make sure your chili is warm and ready to go as participants arrive at ??.
3. You will receive an entry number and description card. Clearly display this card at your station. This will help attendees be acutely aware of the awesomeness of your chili! Teams will be judged based on uniqueness, aroma, texture, flavor and heat.
4. At least one person must be present during the chili cookoff. Someone must represent your chili during the competition and tasting at all times. Guests will taste-test your chili entry from 6 pm to 7:30 pm. Please plan to prepare 2 large crockpots of chili (8-12 Quarts each) to supply taste testers for the entire time period.
5. Please plan to have copies of your chili recipe available to attendees for an additional $5 donation to your team.
6. Wetumpka Area Chamber of Commerce will supply outlets, tables, tasting cups, bowls, spoons and napkins for the attendees. The staff will not supply items not listed above including crock pots, extension cords or seasonings . Wetumpka Area Chamber of Commerce is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen items.
7. Votes will be tallied just before 8:00 pm. Someone representing your chili must be present to win. Winners will receive a 1st place, 2nd place or 3rd place Best Tasting Award, Tongue Burner Award, or Most Unique Award.